Monday, July 2, 2007

Week #3: My Blog Post About Anything Technology-Related

I like technology when it runs smoothly. This past month I haven't had internet access or a telephone at my new home because some nameless construction person lost the main cable line deep within the wall of my hall closet. Of course neither Comcast nor the construction company wished to take responsibility. After three weeks of gnashing my teeth and leaving unanswered phone messages/emails for both entities (and wishing I had the talent to make heads remotely implode), I realized I was using my energy in a nonproductive fashion. Instead, I used my librarian training to research ways to circumvent the cable issue. In a few more days I should be receiving my EarthLink installation kit. Although their TV service is beamed into homes via satellite, the DSL and phone service uses a standard ol' telephone line. With any luck, that won't be hidden in the wall too!

No comments: